Monday, April 25, 2005

My fav. Kamal movies

He is the main reason I am still watching Tamil movies. They say he is an acting genius. I say he makes movie watching a much pleasurable experience...bordering orgasm, maybe?

You cry when he cries, you laugh when he laughs. Unlike the case with the others (a few exception), where the opposite is true.

My views might slightly be skewed. Thus I may have appeared to exaggerate a little, above...hehe, can't help it. In ascending order, my favourite (plot + acting) of his movies:

1. Varumayin niram sivappu - Pre anbe-sivam. Saw the rebel, the idealist.
2. Kurudhi punal - I preferred the terrorist over him. Freaky show, ppl.
3. Sathi leelavathi - Situational comedy. Like that of Lock,stock and two smoking barrels.
4. Salangai oli - Life of a failed bharathanatyam dancer.
5. Nayagan - Wanting to emulate his idol, Brando; was he successful? Perhaps, u judge.
6. Thevar magan - Probably the grandest Tamil movie ever made. U might want to argue with my choice of words here, i.e: the grandest? I have my reasons.
7. Anbe sivam - Again the idealist, the communist this time.
8. Mahanadhi - Great plot. Life of a decent, gullible, cheated man.
9. Moondram pirai - Superb acting. Both. Excellent love story. I am a sucker for romantic flicks. Beautiful. Poignant. Classic.

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Maran said...

Na unam MX paakela :(

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Da Mann said...

I have a few comments to make.(How can I not...it's about Kamal man !)...

A long comment will follow soon.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Sutharsanan said...

Kameeni, what happened to ur blog?

Sara, u are always welcomed.

Anyway, guys I think I made a mistake. Salangai Oli and Mahanadhi shud switch places.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home