Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Equality

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable rights; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
- US Declaration of Independence as originally written by Thomas Jefferson, 1776.


Crippled and Baseless

I am not sure why, but this time I chose to tackle an issue that had been troubling me for quite some time: equality. It's rather sad to mention that inequality among mankind still exists in many forms race, gender, religion, creed, caste. I am not a preacher of any sorts but I do agree I am a firm believer of my faith. And what does my faith say: this fullness comes from that fullness, that fullness comes from this fullness, and what remains is fullness. Meaning I see everything as perfect as the element of Perfection is in everything. U get my point?? If that's the case, is it fair to conclude that each of us are essentially different?? Don't deny we are unique but the essence that bonds all of humanity is still the same, that's my point.

2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger scareypie said...

Are you trying to say that: (1) if you have a full glass of water, and you pour out half of the water from the glass, that will leave you with half-full glass of water, or rather half-empty glass of water, or...(2) if you have an empty glass of water, and you fill up the glass with water till it's half full, then you will get a half-full glass of water, or rather still a half-empty glass of water... aiksss... isn't it just the same, i think if both is to be put into an equation, the equality still holds, just that we need to look at it from few different ways, and I think people who lack the creativity shall always assume that equality is never a reality... *sigh* hehe

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Sutharsanan said...

Man I didnt know such a dry topic can draw such a big attention from u guys. But to answer u Kumaran, seriously it took me quite some time to understand the contents of my writings today. Actually the fullness part is a translation of a well known Sanskrit mantra. Maybe I shall elaborate on this sometime in the future. And Viv, I guess ur glass story is trying to tell us all that u are optimistically hopeful that equality among men can be achieved someday..:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home