Monday, August 16, 2004

The Marriage of Figaro

I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't wanna know. Some things are best left unsaid. I like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man at Shawshank felt free.
- Red, The Shawshank Redemption

The song Red was referring to here is The Marriage of Figaro composed by Mozart. Clearly, I too have no idea what those Italian ladies were saying, but the music is so beautiful, the interpretation seemed unnecessary. Whatever the meaning maybe, the song made me very very happy. And the best part is, this kinda music always stays, breathing in and out together with me whenever I wished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home